Today’s day started with a early rise at 5am. Dressed and out the door by 6:50 to catch the bus. I decided hey, today I will treat my daughter to a hot cocoa, she did excellent at getting up and getting dressed … no problem! Which was a miracle. crunches… shower… oatmeal breakfast. Daily devotion, gotta start the day right with some good wholesome positive words in the system because the world out there is wild and can break you if you let it.
Walking with fun games down the street with my daughter in tow. I have my bike.
Today’s Game Plan :
Goal: to get the errands done and at the school by the latest 1:30 doctor’s appointment at 3pm
1. get up at 5
2. breakfast- most important meal of the day. It will keep my mind sharp and keep me from carb cravings later. I can go all day without eating until dinner, maybe have a Skinny South cookie or apple for snack but no need for “lunch” when I have a good wholesome brain powered breakfast.
3. bus stop by 6:50
4. school by 7:30
5. get on bus need to be across town no later than 10am at packaging place.. I have to exchange bags today. Long story short, in my world my food can’t go bad on the shelf or that’s money that burns straight out of my pocket. Key in business is being consistent.
6. I am walking fast burning the thighs, butt, arms, triceps, obliques have a backpack on that weighs 5-7 pounds. I have water and cookies today. I know later the bag will be heavier when I pickup my ingredients for the chocolate festival
7. bus to Hialeah on bike it is 28 miles where I need to go. I need to save time by taking this bus because I have to bike 7 miles when I get off the train. Safety is key in my world. I want to make sure that I take the safest route on my bike, if there is not one available, I take the bus and then train. From there get the safest route, take it and ride back because I have then surveyed the land.
8. bike to packaging center. When I arrive explain to the CEO of company that my cookies smell like a woman bad breath kept in a time capsule and released from 1946. He laughed. Good now he gives me 600 bags in exchange. I love even exchanges. Packaging Center in Medley, FL awesome.
9. now comes the ultra marathon and bike expedition. Bike from here to Culter Bay which is dang near close to the Keys. So, I bike over to the train 7 miles and take it to Dadeland South. Jump off and have 5 miles to bike sprinting because there is no sidewalk and I don’t like being on the road like that. I sprint the 5 miles. Thighs burning. New bike Trailway Schwinn is rockin’ it. My old beat up mountain bike would have been a pain in my bootay.
10. location at Fairchild Botanical Gardens pick up 10 pounds of ingredients to bake Friday to take back saturday.
Head out time: 12:46. Need to be North MIami Beach in less than one hour. Oh my well good news, the doctor changed the appointment to Friday. Awesome, called the school to be on the safe side and told them I would be there by 230
I bike to the train station take the train station to downtown. Bike the rest of the way, tightening my core to get it powered in. I already feel the soreness creeping in. I love it I am wrapped in long john shirt, leather jacket, yoga pants, bikers gloves and my mission is my child, right now Nothing else matters. She is my biggest appointment. She is the one that will feel my tardiness.
I bike with all my might. arriving at the school 25 miles away at 2:30pm- Goals accomplished.
1. packaging exchanged
2. ingredients picked up
3. child picked up
4. grocery store got dinner and other ingredients for work tomorrow
5. child home, homework done, showers done, dinner on time… bed on time
all because I had an ultimate goal. Time checks on and allowed myself time for mistakes but made sure I didn’t make any.
Cross Fit correlation:
Biceps, shoulder blades, thighs from bike
crunches 100 in the morning
walking with bike: core, butt, thighs
always push through with my legs really helps with the butt and thighs to lean them out
Made sure I got my personal morning time with God and myself.
Made sure my daughter understood the game plan and timers were turned on
You just as well as I in our busy days can achieve a workout. Grant it my was with a bike because I chose (really don’t have a choice because I don’t have a car) but I make no excuses. I have a goal. I stick with it. You can choose to run your errands on your bike. When I did have a car, I would get my errands done on the bike that I could get done on the bike. Now, that I don’t have a car I have a basket on my bike, a backpack, gloves, safety equipment, water and food.
I save a ton of money by taking food and water. I have one cup of coffee in the morning with breakfast. Rest water all day. Electrolytes is mustard and cookies are my sugar stabilizer. cookies I make, my company SkinnySouth.com
If I can do it, you can do it.